Monday, September 25, 2023 – 4 British women are set to sue Andrew Tate after the social media influencer allegedly choked them until blood vessels burst in their eyes.
Tate is already awaiting trial in Romania on charges of human trafficking and forming a criminal gang to exploit women, allegations which he denies.
The Sunday Times reports that the women who are set to file claims of rape, coercive control, and choking in the High Court in London in the coming weeks, say they were victims of sexual violence by Tate between 2013 and 2016 – before he became known as an influencer.
Tate – who denies all allegations – is reportedly threatening to sue them for defamation.
One of the alleged attacks included the 36-year-old “choking them until blood vessels burst in their eyes, beating them with a belt, and raping them numerous times and coercively controlling them”.
One woman claimed he texted her: “I love raping you.”
At the time of the alleged crimes, three women went to the police but the Crown Prosecution Service did not bring a charge after a four-year investigation.
They said a civil case is now their only option and plan to sue Tate for personal injury and physical harm.
The women said they have seen Tate gathering millions of followers and his videos now widespread across the internet.
“We were forced to watch as Andrew was allowed to leave the country while still under investigation, and saw his fame and influence grow in the way that it did,” one of the alleged victims said.
Matthew Jury, the British women’s solicitor, is confident the alleged victims can sue Tate personally, despite him living in Romania.
He said: “We know he is a wealthy individual.
“Depending on the country in which assets are located, UK judgements are enforceable abroad.”
A spokesman for Tate said the allegations “stem from a letter submitted by Matthew Jury, in which he suggested mediation through financial compensation”.
“It is important to emphasise that this letter does not constitute a formal legal case,” the spokesman added.
In a letter in response to McCue Jury & Partners, Tate denied the allegations and said: “If proceedings are brought, I shall resist any attempt to claim anonymity for all or any of the complainants.”
Tate added that he was “contemplating proceedings against the complainants” for defamation.
In April, three Brit webcam models who worked for Tate said they were allegedly raped and abused by the influencer.
They made allegations to police in the UK eight years ago but allege detectives failed to investigate properly before dropping the case.
Earlier this year, Tate and brother Tristan were both released from the Romanian prison they had been held in for three months.
They had been fighting to be released since they were detained on December 29 as part of a probe into human trafficking and rape allegations.