Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Project Description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute/Centre for Global Health Research (KEMRI/CGHR), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are collaborating to conduct research on malaria, HIV, TB and other diseases of public health importance. An opportunity is currently in a project Titled: Measuring the medium-term impact of school-based interventions as girls transition into adulthood (CCG2)
Vacancy No. CGHR/307/08/22
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, KMR 8 (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Research Administrator
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Business Management, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or any other approved equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English & Kiswahili
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible to work within the existing structure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The purpose of the job is to handle project resource management information systems, assist in the implementation and operations functions in the program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively plan, organize, and administer the activities of the projects.
- Making orders for clinical, laboratory and logistical study supplies and equipment using the appropriate methods
- Maintain study records and ensure integrity of data and information.
- Keeping and tracking staff leave schedule
- Booking for facilities to be used for training, meetings and writing minutes during meetings
- Keep accurate records of financial transactions for money advanced for project use and submit expenditure documents for accounting purposes.
- Ensuring availability of adequate supplies in the field sites
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as appropriate
- Organize transport and logistics operations including booking travel and processing allowances for project staff as appropriate
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Terms of Employment: This is a one- year (1) contract as per KEMRI scheme of service
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (not more than four pages) with telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal-on or before October 6, 2022, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.