Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Looking for a job? Download the Kenyan Jobs app from Google Playstore and get the latest jobs and vacancies available in Kenya, go HERE>>>
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
RELATIONSHIP OFFICERS – PERSONAL BANKING – ONE YEAR CONTRACT RENEWABLE
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to Internally recruit a qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the following position in Credit Department.
Reporting to the Branch Credit Manager, Relationship Officer shall be based at the Branch. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the growth of a High-Quality Asset Portfolio within the Sector. He is responsible of customer acquisition, facilitation of loan application and appraisal, presentation of the loan requests to the Branch Credit Committee and forwarding the loan request to Head office Credit Risk for approval.
- The holder of the role will on a weekly basis hold discussions with the Branch Credit Manager/Branch Manager and share progress report on their performance.
- Overall review of the targets vis-a-vis the actuals on a monthly on Growth and Quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilizing deposits and growth of the loan book to grow the Bank’s portfolio.
- Manage the portfolio quality of the various customers under their portfolio.
- Growing customer numbers/base
- Ensure the Sector’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Identifying customer potential and credit worthiness and preparing credit proposals in compliance with the Bank’s credit and lending policy
- Growth of the loan book by marketing to new and existing customers.
- Relationship management of both customers and institutions.
- Customer and Institutional appraisal.
- Quality Customer Service.
- Financial Literacy.
- Supporting the various branch operations
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to think outside the box
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- University degree preferably in a business field
- KCSE- C+ and above, C+ in English and C+ Mathematics
- Age – 24- 32 years old
- Computer literacy especially in office packages
How to Apply