Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Looking for a JOB? See the latest Jobs and Vacancies in Kenya HERE>>>
Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP)
POSITION: Field Officer (70 positions)
REPORTING TO: Senior Field Officer
START DATE: 5th September 2022
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kiambu, Kitui, Bungoma, Kakamega, Kisii, Migori, Nyandarua, Kilifi, Kwale, and Turkana
DURATION: 3 Months
ELIGIBILITY: The position is open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: IPA is evaluating a nationwide focused Youth Employment Opportunities Project (YEP). IPA has been tasked with developing and implementing all aspects of baseline and follow-up surveys of two impact evaluations on jobs and youth employment. As part of this project, data will be collected, and impact evaluations will be carried out to analyse the impact of different interventions included under different components. This study will inform policy and the literature on entrepreneurship in developing countries.
About the Position: The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures is responsible for collecting high quality data. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior Field Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data collection using SurveyCTO; assist with translations, piloting surveys and actual data collection by telephone, with minimal supervision, and adhering to the study protocol
- Ensure proper screening of respondents for identification and administration of informed consent • Interacting with study respondents and project partners with the highest level of integrity and understanding. • Providing feedback during debriefs on data collection and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations
- Ensure that data integrity is maintained always and minimize errors in data collection and transmission. • Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner including keeping logs of work accomplished and callbacks as assigned by the SFO and the YEP management
- Maintain project inventory (electronic devices, stationery etc) in a safe and secure manner, frequently updating the SFO and YEP management on their status
- FO will be required to attend an intensive training prior to data collection and thereafter as may be required • Other tasks as assigned by the SFO /FM/RA/A/RM
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- 2-3 years of field research experience.
- Previous experience in translation and survey administration.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection at various levels (planning, piloting, and collecting)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently under minimum supervision
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili languages
- Previous tablet-based survey experience/computer literate.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment with great interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer– KYEOP. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA.