Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Looking for a job? Download the Kenyan Jobs app from Google Playstore and get the latest jobs and vacancies available in Kenya, go HERE>>>
INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER I – FIFTEEN (15) POSTS – VNO.32/2022
|Basic Salary Scale:||Ksh.38,270 – Ksh.51,170 p.m.||(CSG) 10|
|House Allowance:||Ksh.7,500 – 16,500 p.m. (Depending on duty Station)|
|Commuter Allowance:||Ksh.5,000 p.m.|
|Leave Allowance:||As provided in the Civil service|
|Annual Leave:||30 working days|
|Medical Cover:||As provided by the Government|
|Terms of Service:||Permanent and Pensionable|
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Electronics, Metallurgy, Aeronautical, Agricultural), Agriculture, Animal Sciences, Food Technology, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Textile Technology, Production Technology, Leather Sciences, Wood Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Computer Science from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for the Industrial Development officers in possession of professional degrees. An officer at this level will be considered to be on job training. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- collecting data and information on closed/underperforming industries requiring support;
- analyzing information on industrial production, investment, local raw materials availability, industrial expansion programmes, resource efficient technology programmes, employment and marketing;
- disseminating industrial development information; and
- compiling simple reports on promotional activities
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 13th September, 2022 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).