Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>


Wednesday, 08 June 2022 – Harvey Weinstein will be charged by the Metropolitan Police with two counts of indecent assault against a woman in August 1996, prosecutors in Britain said today.

Rosemary Ainslie, head of the Crown Prosecution Service’s Special Crime Division, confirmed that Scotland Yard had been authorised to charge the ex-film producer.

The charges related to one female complainant in August 1996 in London, and the decision was reached after the CPS reviewed evidence gathered by the Met.

Police said the woman at the centre of the allegations is now aged in her 50s and the two alleged offences are contrary to section 14(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 1956.

Ms Ainslie said: ‘The CPS has authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge Harvey Weinstein with two counts of indecent assault against a woman in August 1996.

‘Charges have been authorised against Harvey Weinstein, 70, following a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.

‘The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against the defendant are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.’

A Met Police spokesman said today: ‘Detectives have been authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service to charge Harvey Weinstein, aged 70 years, with two counts of indecent assault against one woman in August 1996.

‘The CPS’ charging decision follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation. The two offences of indecent assault, contrary to section 14(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 1956 are as follows:

  1. ‘Indecent assault (count 1) on a woman who is now in her 50s between 31st July and 31st August 1996 in London
  1. ‘Indecent assault (count 2) on a woman who is now in her 50s between 31st July and 31st August 1996 in London

‘The Met Police has updated all those whose allegations formed part of this investigation.’

Weinstein was sentenced in March 2020 at New York Supreme Court to 23 years in prison for a sexual assault in 2006 and a rape in a separate incident in 2013.

The 70-year-old is currently in a prison in California where he is awaiting another trial for alleged sexual assault against five women. He has pleaded not guilty.

Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>



Leave a Reply