Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Finance and Budget Assistant
- Provide support with respect to the review, analysis and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Prepare supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to GEF submissions and UNEP Programme of Work.
- Assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Undertake research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Monitor expenditures and compare with approved budget; prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Review requisitions for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and availability of funds.
- Assist in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyze variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Monitor integrity of various financial databases.
- Verify accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
- Co-ordinate with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Periodic reconciliation of accounts.
- Draft or prepare correspondences to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters
- Review incoming payment instructions with regard to banking details and sources of funds.
- Prepare payments for final disbursement by Cashier.
- Notify payees on status on payments.
- Assist staff members, Fund Management Officers, Administrative Officers, and donors regarding queries on payment and deposit related issues.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches related to finance, budgeting and accounting. Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise, is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional qualifications in accounting, finance or related field are desirable. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years progressive working experience in finance, budget, accounting or related area is required.
- Experience in Global Environment Facility (GEF) project/grant management, budgeting, accounting, and financial management is required.
- Proven experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Systems Applications and Products (SAP) is desirable.
How to Apply