Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
The accountant role shall be to manage all components of the organisation’s finance and accounting functions by ensuring financial processes and internal controls are strong and complied with. In addition to this they will be responsible for the management and reporting of financial data of an organization. Their duties include preparing financial statements, examining and analyzing a company’s accounts and ensuring compliance with financial reporting and other standard accounting procedures.
- Maintaining proper records in regards to office expenses and other programs transactions
- Ensure all transactions are accurately documented before payment
- Preparing payment vouchers and writing cheques for the approved payments
- Compile financial information for entries into QuickBooks
- Participate in all the stock takes, asset verification and reconciliation of the same
- Proper filing of documents and maintenance of accounting records
- Maintain bank documentation file ensuring all necessary information like bank slips, bank statements and any other bank correspondence are filled properly
- Assist with staff expense/advances reconciliations and processing
- Ensuring that the cheque books and other financial records are properly stored and safely secured at all times.
- Work closely with the procurement committee to ensure all purchase procedures are adhered to before any payments are processed.
- Scanning and backing up documents in Google drive
- Support the Audit process by availing the necessary documents for verification
- Accurate and timely monitoring of budget and preparation of reports under the direction of the business manager
- Perform all reconciliations and monthly reports on a timely basis to ensure prompt processing
- Implement and ensure compliance to the organization financial policies and procedures
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in finance, accounting, business or related field;
- Certified Public Accountant (K) or its equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Kenyan corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Extremely high attention to detail and continuous striving for 100% accuracy
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28h Feb 2022. Due to large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be conducted. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject