Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
VACANCY NO: 8/2021
The Project Accountant shall deputize the Financial Controller and will be responsible for ensuring a proper accounting filing system; follow up of accountabilities from Counties,
staff, and other implementers, data entry and reconciliations. The workstation will be at PMCU Nakuru but he/she travel extensively within the Project area, as may be required. He/she will sign a six (6) year Contract of Employment with the initial six months on probation. The contract will remain in force but renewable annually based on satisfactory annual performance. He/she will be answerable to the Financial Controller for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of source documents, e.g. payment vouchers, journal vouchers, data entry into the accounting system and preparation of reconciliations for review by the financial controller.
- Chronological filing of documents with adequate cross-reference to ensure ease of retrieval and Follow up of accountabilities, maintaining a detailed log of outstanding accountabilities.
- Facilitate; both internal and external auditors to audit the project’s financial transactions and reports to meet the required submission dates by IFAD;
- Support the financial controller in preparation of reports to enable the withdrawal of funds from IFAD and GoK;
- Proactive support to the County designated project support accountants;
- Maintain key registers such as fixed assets; inputs into the contracts register, contract monitoring forms.
- Support the financial controller in the preparation of informative management accounts in the form of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports regarding aspects of project financial monitoring bringing out variances and advising implementers as to the limits of expenditure;
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by Financial Controller and the Project Coordinator.
Academic qualifications and other requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option), or Finance, or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Accounting or Finance options from a recognized University.
- Must have full CPA-K qualification or its equivalent.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience working in a similar field out of which three (3) years in a government donor-funded project.
- Computer-literate including accounting packages and well versed in the use of Excel, Word and basic database set-ups.
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines and work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, excellent planning, organizing and recordkeeping skills;
- Ability to work as a team player, self-motivated and creative thinker, good analytical and quantitative skills, report writing and excellent coordination and negotiation skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the qualification requirements should send their applications along with copies of their academic and professional certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. They must also state their present employer, current position and names and addresses of two referees and daytime telephone and email contacts. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be clearly marked quoting the reference number of the position applied for on the letter and envelope and addressed to :
The Principal Secretary
State Department for Livestock,
Kilimo House, Cathedral Road,
P. O. Box 34188-00100,
To reach on or before 9th March 2022 at 17:00 hours local time