Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
- The job holder will, provide technical support by preparing financial statements through compiling and analyzing the account information and documenting financial transactions.
- The successful candidate will report to the Manager – Finance and Accounts but should be ready to work at any offices of CDA located within its Area of Jurisdiction.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing and verifying vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Capturing data and maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books and registers;
- Providing safe custody of accounting records and assets;
- Writing cheques, posting payments and receipting vouchers in the cash books;
- Receipting of money due and payable to the Authority;
- Preparing periodic financial accounts and budgets;
- Participating in Budgetary Control Functions/vote book control;
- Preparing and reviewing periodic expenditure returns;
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation;
- Maintaining the general ledger;
- Remitting statutory deductions;
- Ensuring safe custody of payments and journal vouchers;
- Preparing regular financial reports; and
- Maintaining fixed asset register
Requirements for Appointment
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Be a certified Public Accountant Part II or ACCA.
- Be a member of a Professional Body with at least 2 years’ experience
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Note: Appointment to this grade will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms as per the Human Resource Policy & Procedure Manual.
Salary Scale as per scales given by Salary & Renumeration Commission of Kenya.
How To Apply
For more details of the requirements for these posts visit our website http://www.cda.go.ke/ Interested applicants should forward their application letter, copy of Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials on or before 23rd February 2022 to the address below;
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
COAST DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 1322–80100 MOMBASA,
KENYA Tel: +254–020–8009196
CDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming.
Interested and qualified? Go to Coast Development Authority on www.cda.go.ke to apply