Ref No. FAA/02/2022
- Receipting all types of monies from clients i.e., in and outpatient walk-ins, and for any other services.
- Banking the day’s collections with the treasury.
- Billing all procedure done and items used
- Finalizing invoices
- Sending pre-authorizations to insurances for day case procedures
- Explaining to patients their bill
- Invoice booking for doctors
- Producing reports e.g. un-finalized report, finalized report, outpatient un-finalize, amount spent per patient
- Filling in all the required documents i.e., admission papers, insurance Preauthorization, claim forms and NHIF forms where necessary.
- Notifying insurance companies on admission of their clients through calling
- sending through email and fax preauthorization to insurance companies.
- Following letters of undertaking.
- Writing deposit top up letters to self-paying patients/relatives.
- Ensuring that all patients pay the required deposit at the time of admission for any arrangements they are authorized by the right authority.
- Admitting the patients in the system with the correct date and type of accommodation.
- Giving the patient any information they require knowing.
- Confirming that all relevant documents are provided at the point of discharge i.e. letters of undertaking from the insurances and corporates, NHIF documents from the patient/relatives, discharge summaries from the care management and doctor’s invoices.
- Finalizing all the patients’ bills effecting NHIF where applicable and also giving discounts.
- Seeking for extension from the insurance companies and corporates where the bill exceeds the amount in the undertaking letter.
- Ensuring that all self-paying patients clear the bills before they are discharged or the undertakings are done by the authorized staff.
- Ensuring that all patients who are supposed to sign the bills before discharge do the same.
- Confirmation of mode of payment
- Confirming validity for insurance or corporate patients
- Opening of new file
- Retrieving of old files
- Activation of patients
- Issuing of appointment cards
- Any other duties assigned by the direct supervisor, senior accountant or senior management from time to time.
- CPA PART ONE
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- One year of relevant experience in a hospital setup is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ OR you can send your detailed CV to us on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 7th February 2022
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted