Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
We are searching for a stellar Bookkeeper to assist our Head of Payables in verifying invoices, scheduling payments, cash management, maintaining records, and posting transactions.
Location; Kisii, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders with invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes
- Liaise with the supplier relations team to confirm that contract terms have been satisfied prior to processing payment
- Maintain accurate records of invoices, payments and credit notes on the accounting system
- Verify cash and inventory numbers on accounting system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating and business taxes
- Prepare payables reports and other financial and analytical reports for review by management
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, preferably Quickbooks
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative, team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
How to Apply