Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
HR & Admin Assistant
The role holder is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective HR services delivery at the Hospital level and will provide administrative support to the Administrator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform, coordinate and oversee a wide range of administrative tasks centered on helping manage the Administrator’s workload, improving efficiencies and executing business plans.
- Open and maintain various business files and ensure records are updated regularly and as required.
- Manage the staff database including regularly updating staff details, addition of new employees, updating monthly and daily locum staff and recording exiting employees.
- Maintain accurate and complete HR and employee records, while ensuring safety and confidentiality of such records.
- Participate in the recruitment process for employees by short-listing candidates, scheduling and participating in interviews and communicating with interviewed candidates.
- Onboarding new employees including contracting, orientation and ensuring alignment with the hiring unit.
- Handling staff inquiries regarding company employee policies, benefits, and procedures.
- Engage and assist in handling staff concerns and record comments and suggestions raised to improve staff engagement.
- Leave management including processing of leave applications and updating of leave balances.
- Coordinate staff learning and development programs.
- Ensure the daily operations of the HR department are conducted in accordance with department guidelines and that the operations are completed on time and are of high quality.
- Establish and maintain a record of all required licenses and coordinate timely renewal process.
- Prepare and timely submit dynamic reports relating to HR & administrative activities to the Supervisor.
- Serve and protect the hospital’s image by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Competencies Required
- Knowledge of best and current human resource practices and approaches.
- Broad knowledge and experience in leading practices in organization development, compensation, talent management and development and employee relations.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan Labour Laws.
- Good knowledge of core hospital management processes will be an added advantage.
- Highly ethical, has integrity and observes confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills – listening, oral and written.
- A team player with strong people management skills (internal and external customers).
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and sound judgement skills.
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current industry trends.
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or other Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Must have partial Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) qualification or hold a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- At least three (3) years’ HR experience; experience within the health sector is preferred.
- A member of Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) with a valid practicing license.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Internet.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should email the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the email subject, no later than 5:00pm on or before 4th February 2022.
One-page cover letter addressed to Human Resource detailing how your skills and experience meet the job specifications. Clearly indicate your current and expected remuneration in the letter.
Detailed Curriculum Vitae including the names and contacts of three professional references.
Copies of certificates, testimonials and any other supporting documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.