Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
ADVERT NO. NG-CDFB/004/2022: MANAGER, FIELD FINANCIAL COORDINATION – NG-CDF SCALE 3 (1 post)
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting, Finance), Business Management/Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master Degree in any of the following disciplines: -Commerce (Accounting, Finance), Business Management/Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or its equivalent;
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience, four (4) of which should be in a relevant field at supervisory management level;
- Certificate in a leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership Certificate to ICPAK;
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
The Manager, Field Financial Coordination will report to the Chief Executive Officer through the Chief Manager, Programmes and Field Services Coordination and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, regularly review and document financial policies, procedures manuals and processes for implementation by the Constituencies, to facilitate compliance with the relevant laws and strengthen internal controls at the Constituencies;
- Certify Authority to Incur Expenditure (A.I.E) for issuance to the constituencies;
- Oversee performance management in the division which includes setting targets and appraisal systems;
- Approve and submit periodic statutory financial reports including annual financial statements for the Fund, and the 290 constituencies;
- Inspection of constituencies’ books of accounts and follow up on issues raised in audit and field inspection reports;
- Maintain a consolidated and an updated asset register for the Board’s physical assets at the Constituencies;
- Coordinate responses to internal and external audit queries related to the financial transactions;
- Coordinate the disbursement of funds to constituencies, authorise payments and serve as a signatory to the Fund’s bank account;
- Oversee management of Appropriations in Aid (AIA), including developing applicable revenue management systems at the Constituencies;
- Capacity building of Fund Account Managers, Sub County Accountants and National Government Constituency Development Fund Committees on financial management;
- Manage Constituencies’ banking arrangements;
- Review and submit for approval the division’s work plan and budget and monitor its implementation;
- Provide professional advice to the Board on matters relating to Fund management;
- Prepare disbursement status reports for submission to the National Assembly select committee on NG-CDF; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications online through the job application portal on the Board’s website: www.ngcdf.go.ke or /and hard copies to be dropped in a designated Box, at the Board’s Headquarters, Harambee Cooperative Plaza 5th Floor, during working hours (8 am to 5 pm). Applications may also be sent through post office as per the address provided below so as to reach the Board on or before February 08, 2022. For the hard copy applications, the reference No. for the position applied for should be properly indicated on top of the envelope.
Candidates must submit the following documents alongside application
Police Clearance (Certificate of good conduct);
Duly executed self-declaration form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority;
Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
Clearance from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau.
- Applicants for the position of Field Operations Officer/Fund Account Manager MUST indicate and show prove of their home constituency.
- Applications containing false information shall be disqualified.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert shall not be considered.
- Applicants should indicate daytime telephone number, postal address, current salary, names and contact address of 3 referees.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Board is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of all gender, minority and marginalized communities, youth and persons living with disabilities to apply.
- Both hard and soft copies of applications should reach the Board on or before Tuesday February 08, 2022 latest at 5.00 pm.
Applications with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates and all other requirements should be addressed to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board
Harambee Cooperative Plaza, 5th Floor (Junction of Haile Selassie Avenue & Uhuru Highway)
P.O. Box 46682-00100