Assistant Health Records/ Information Management Officer
Requirements for Appointment
i. A Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution
ii. A Certificate of registration with Association of Medical Records Officers Kenya( AMRO,K)
Duties and responsibilities
– An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Coordinating provision of laboratory services in a number of units/sections; Preparing work plans and programs for Laboratory activities; Submitting samples to referencelaboratories and institutes for further analysis; Preparing Laboratory manuals and quality specifications
- Carrying out efficacy tests; Initiating requisition proposals and undertaking technical evaluation for laboratory supplies equipment and formulating technical laboratory standards.
- Performing blood grouping and storing blood products to peripheral health facilities; and Processing the specimen according to the specified Standards Operating Procedures (SOP). Receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception;
- Registering and booking appointments for: patients to clinics and consultants;
- Storing and retrieving medical records documents; Preparing clinics, editing of patient case records and gathering from different sources; Storing and retrieving medical records;
- Balancing da1ly bed returns; Creating and certainly ai n I ng master index and updating patient mas f e r Index; Directing patients to relevant ciinics; Scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialty clinics; Assigning codes to disease and surgical procedures in medicine, and Preparing health records and reports.
How To Apply