Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Court Assistant II
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- This is an entry point to the Court Assistant cadre. For appointment to the grade, the applicant must have:
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- or its recognized equivalent;
- Knowledge in Computer.
- Good command in English and Kiswahili
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Note: Applicants with additional certificates or qualifications will have an added advantage.
Job Core Competencies:
- Knowledge in maintenance of files and smooth flow of files and documents through the court system
- Good Interpersonal relations;
- Good Communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality and High Integrity
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting litigants and members of the public to access courts and court services.
- Verifying pleadings before filing
- Preparing court documents as provided in various statutes;
- Diarizing mention and hearing dates of all ongoing cases; v) Preparing of cause lists;
- Updating and accurately maintaining the case registers
- Issuing appeal numbers and proof reading typed proceedings;
- Calling for lower court records for appeal or review purposes;
- Compiling statistical records based on routine or special sources of information;
- Calculating and posting of personal dues and other entitlements;
- Filing of documents including pleadings, letters and receipts;
- Drafting simple letters; and
- Assessing and collecting court fees, deposits and fines.
- Registration of cases ,opening and retrieval of case files;
- Issuance of summonses, notices and preparation of warrants;
- Proof-reading court proceedings;
- Entering judgments and other court orders;
- Compiling monthly returns under the supervision of a senior officer; and
- Compiling daily, monthly and any other returns under the supervision of
- a senior officer; and
- Compiling of statistical returns.
- Court Interpretation
Ensuring that the courtrooms
- chambers are properly arranged and that
- files and stationery are available for use by Judicial Officers;
- Calling out names of parties to a suit;
- Interpreting court proceedings;
- Conducting swearing of witnesses ;
- Preparing orders for signature;
- Maintaining court diaries;
- Compiling of statistical returns;
- Receiving, listing and securing exhibits; and ix) Ensuring security of files and exhibits.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: www.jsc.go.ke-index.php-careers
Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau;and
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates