Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
ACCOUNTANT – PAYABLES REF: TNH/HRD/AP/06/21
Reporting to Chief Accountant, the successful applicants will be responsible job is to help process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner in line with the
- Participating in development, review and implementation of the payable policies and procedures in line with best practices and industry trends;
- Supporting in optimizing financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts;
- Gathering and verifying invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment;
- Calculating, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization;
- Maintaining copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files;
- Clarifying any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures, obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments;
- Preparing vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensuring transactions are captured in journals, ledgers and other records, reconcile accounts payable transactions and prepare analysis of accounts;
- Preparing analysis of accounts, monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Producing monthly reports, assist with month end closing, provide supporting documentation
- for audits and maintain accurate historical records; and
- Any other responsibility assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting.
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 9th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100