Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Senior Accountant I DPP S or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum o( two (2) years iu the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounts Option). Business Admininiruiion (Accnunla Option) or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part 111 of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent quulificationa from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (TCPAK);
- Current practising license from the Institute of Public Accountants ol Kenya (1CPAK); and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
NOTE: Possession of a Senior Management Course lusting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above requirementa an officer must have the following skills; –
- Knowledge of relevant professional standard* including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS);
- Knowledge of budget process;
- ICT skills;
- Accuracy skills;
- Communication ami interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Problem solving skills,
- Supervisory skills.
- Resource management skills; and
- Records managenwnt skills.
In addition to the above requiremanls an officer must have the following qualities; –
- Interpersonal Skills
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Results oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Exhibit high levels of professionalism
- Emotional intelligence
- Meet3 Chapter Six (6) of the constitution of Kenya 2010. Integrity, Leadership. Honesty, Accountability and Discipline in the service to people.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer -it this level will be responsible to the Senior Principal Accountant for the assigned accounts function. Specifically, duties and responsibilities nt this level will entail: •
- Coordinate implementation of dtvisiuDid strategic plan derived from the departmental strategy, to ensure the operations of lhe division arc aligned with the ODPP strategy.
- Provide leadership at the dRislonnl level to ensure effective contribution to the achievement of organualional strategic objective
- Oversee preparation of st.ifr performance appraisal documents in the division in liaison with Human Resource Managcinent division.
- Coordinate performance management process within the division to drive performance
- Prepare annual individual and divisional work plans fur lhe Accounts
- Division to ensure delivery of servlets that are aligned with the ODPP Strategy
- Implement policies and procedures that enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service by the division in a timely, cost efficient i) nd quality.
- Enforce compliance with accounting policies, guidelines, pixM^durw and standards to inform review
- Coaching staff in the unit towards achievement of enhanced organnational performance.
- Implement financial cvnunitinent control in liaison with senior accountants and accountants on expenditure levels to ensure ODPP only commits money that is available.
- Piixx’vinng of payroll in a timely manner to eusure salaries are released to employee’s individual accounts In line with the ODPP salary management policy
- Monitor lhe ODPP liquidity to finance approved expenditure, to support efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of tlic ODPP strategy.
- Preparation of annual statements to ensure the statements meet set timelines and quality standards.
- Supervise accounts staff to ensure high motivation and performance, and assists in the development of the Officera in line with the needs of ODPP
- Implement financial regulations and procedures. Treasury circular* and letters
- Control expenditures within the voted allocations for efficiency in the utilisation of the allocated funds.
- Participates in relevant committees.
- Downloading of ODPP County Offices Expenditure data for use in the preparation <X quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Preparation of rash flow statements.
- Preparation of Annual Financial statements.
- Approval of invoices for payment on internet banking system.
- Approval of Journal Entries in lhe system.
- Preparation of inforniation that facilitates audit.
- Posting and bulancing of imprest registers.
- Analyse the imprest register to come up with outstanding imprest not surrendered.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates nrc invited to make their applications by completing ONE Mt>t>lii-xti<>n form ODPP i. Tlx- form may I*- .tawntaoded from the ODPPs Wehsne http://www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documenta tn tlveir sppUcttian form:
National Identity Ord
Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
Any supporting documents and testimonials
Letter of appointment to their current substantive |»ost
Letter of appointment to their previous past and
Detailed Curriculum Vilac
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALL shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificate*. Original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive post and previous post and detailed curriculum vitae during the interviews.
In addition, uil candidates who are not ODl’P staff shall be requited to attach COPIES of the following valid clearance certificates to the application:
- Law Society of Kenya for lawyer*
- Higher Education Loans Board
Kenya Revenue Authority
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate k n member
ALL shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of the document* during Interviews.
Completed application form.’ should be aent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
ODPP Building, Rngntl Rond, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Frosccutionb on or before 17th June, 2021.