Position: Project Assistant
Department: Education and Livelihoods
The Job holder will be responsible for roles is aimed at promoting peace, justice and social cohesion at the local and national level by use of sports as a tool for youths in Kibera to embrace alternatives to violence and peaceful cohesion and engage in meaningful livelihoods activities.
Line Relationships Key Work Relationships Employment Type
Responsible to:• Project Officer
• Field Officer Internal:
• Program coordinator(s)
• Program Officers
• Project officer
• Head of Research, Policy & Development.
• Head of Programs
• Community groups
• Suppliers to CFK Contract
1.Project Planning and Design
• Support program development, planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Design interventions responsive to the context by way of using sports.
• Design or review training manuals to aid in delivery of the intervention targeting the Youths
• Develop project work plans for sports and development
• Develop and maintain relevant database of data and serve as a hub of data that may be required for reporting purposes and sharing with donors
• Incorporate workable empowerment model in new projects.
2.Project Implementation and Training
• Mobilize community on a need basis within the sports for peace and development project.
• Promote youth participation in sports, social cohesion and peace initiatives.
• Develop new and novel sporting activities with an aim of increasing youth participation and engagement.
• Establish of joint development initiatives among the different communities in Kibera to promote sustainable development.
• Mentorship and training of young community leaders to spearhead peace and development initiatives in Kibera.
• Establish and run community youth parliaments to increase democracy and spearhead community development initiatives that target the youths
• Link talented youth to opportunities in sports academies and clubs.
• Promote professional development for coaches and referees.
• Participate in the development and update of training materials.
• Forge positive partnerships for the attainment of project goals.
• In liaison with the Program Coordinator identify opportunities to strengthen the sports for development component of the program.
• Represent the program in trainings, forums and seminars with directive from the coordinator
• Engage with the coordinator in prospecting for funds
3.Project Monitoring& Evaluation
• Compile reports (narrative and data) and submit them to the program coordinator as per the set deadlines
• Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
• Ensure proper documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
• Evaluation of training conducted.
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees.
4.Financial Management and Reporting
• Offer support in program budgets. Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans, budget vs actual analyses, and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized.
• Ensure donor compliance with donor guidelines and contracts including budget flexibility and reporting requirements.
• Manage budget and work plan in liaison with the coordinator.
5.Education and Competencies
• Diploma in Community Development, Social Studies, Project Management and related field.
• Minimum 2 years in a similar position with demonstrated achievements.
• Informal Settlement experience is an added advantage.
• Great Interpersonal Skills.
• Team Player who is ready to learn and grow.
• Has empathy, is Positive and has encouraging personality.
• Has knowledge on child protection policy and implementation
• Has been able to implement youth mentorship curriculum
• Has knowledge on Microsoft office packages and among other ICT skills
How to Apply;
Send a cover letter and resume with reference PROJECT ASSISTANT, SPORTS FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT to email@example.com on or before 16th April 2021.