Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Thursday, April 1, 2021 – The Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Body (EPRA) has released a list of rogue petrol stations selling adulterated fuel.
The authority found 12 stations across the county that were either selling diluted fuel or fuel bound for export.
The rogue stations were identified following continuous monitoring of the quality of petroleum motor fuels on sale, transport, and storage throughout the country.
According to EPRA, the petrol stations found to be non-compliant were located in Embu, Busia, Nakuru, Kisii, Meru, Trans Nzoia, Busia Murang’a Wajir, Nyamira and Mandera Counties.
The authority also requested members of the public to report suspected cases of petroleum fuel adulteration or export dumping through the hotline number (0708444000) as well as through the Authority’s USSD Code (*363#) and SMS service code (40850).
Here is the list of the petrol stations caught selling diluted fuel:
1. Rani Filling Station – Embu
2. Lexo Energy Busia Service Station – Busia
3. Half Moon Filling Station – Nakuru
4. Nyatieko Filling Station – Kisii
5. BM Kanyakine Filling Station – Meru
6. Jire’s Filling Station – Trans Nzoia
7. Eagle Filling Station – Busia
8. Kuwait Filling Station – Murang’a
9. Northstar Energy Service Station – Wajir
10. Zams Filling Station – Nyamira
11. Quality Energy Service Station – Mandera
12. Mohamed Kosman Service Station – Mandera
The Kenyan DAILY POST