Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Looking for a job? Download the Kenyan Jobs app from Google Playstore and get the latest jobs and vacancies available in Kenya, go HERE>>>
Pursuant to County Government Act section 59 (1) (a) and (b) and the constitution of Kenya 2010, the County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified citizens to fill the following vacant positions in the under listed County departments.
CPSBM 20/RTPW/27/01/2021: Accountant I (Job Group K) – 2 posts
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulation, data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cash book, ledgers, vote book, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns ;
- Responsible for the save custody of government records and assets under him/her, analysis of the below the line accounts and may be deployed as a cashier where duties will entail receiving dully processed payment and receipt vouchers; writing cheques and posting payment and receipt vouchers in the cash book; balancing and ruling of the cash book on daily basis;
- Arranging for withdrawals of cash of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times; extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis; ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
- Preparation of expenditure and authority to incur expenditure (AIE) funding returns on quarterly basis at district treasury level;
- Preparation of appropriation in Aid (AID) returns on quarterly basis at unit or department level;
- Paying personnel and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations and receipting of all money due and payable to government;
- Reconciliation and generating daily and monthly reports for various ledgers;
- Verification of payments vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field (finance or accounting option) or equivalent from a recognized university OR Passed part III of the certified public Accountant (K) Examination or its approved equivalent qualification.
- ACCA/CPA Part 1 or 2 will be an added advantage for those with first
- Worked in a similar capacity for at least 2 years in busy accounts department in either public or private sector.
- Knowledge of IFMIS will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Public Sector Financial Reporting Format is
- Knowledge of Public Sector Financial Regulation and procedure is necessary. Certificate in Computer application.
- Ability to get on well with the diverse work force; Good knowledge in the professional field or specialization; Good communication skills; Ability to take instructions; Good organizational and supervisory skills.
- Team playing skills; accuracy; care for resources; manual dexterity; Execution of instruction; interpersonal skills; analytical skills; records management
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of academic and professional certificates/Qualifications, Copy of National ID card and duly filled CPSBM Employment form (Downloadable from Board’s Website) in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
All applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below:
- Kenya Revenue authority (Tax compliance certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before close of business
Wednesday 17th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification, it is an offence to produce and /or present fake certificates/documents.
Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalized/Minorities who meet the requirement of the advertised posts are encouraged to apply.
‘The County Government of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer’