Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
ACCOUNTANT II – TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY (250) POSTS – V/NO. 7/2021
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.31,270 – Ksh.41,260 p.m. (CSG – 11)
House Allowance : Ksh.4,200 – 10,000 p.m (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.4,000 p.m.
Annual Leave Allowance : As existing in the Civil Service
Leave entitlement : 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- a Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
- A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope and under the guidance of a senior officer. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- preparation and verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
- capturing data, maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparing simple management reports such as imprest and expenditure returns,
- keeping safe custody of government records and assets;
- writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books;
- balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
- preparing appropriation in Aid (AIA) returns on quarterly basis; and
- receipting of all money due and payable to
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)