Closing date: November 22, 2020
Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.
Job Title : Payroll & Tax Accountant
Reporting to : Senior Manager- Accounting & Finance
Grade Level : 14
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
To provide overall payroll and tax administration ensuring timely submission and remittances whilst ensuring compliance with WVK Policies and guidelines and statutory regulations.
Payroll Administration & Payment of staff final dues 40%
· Prepare monthly payroll for WVK and WV entities within Karen Complex (EARO, Somalia Office, and Vision Sacco)
· Ensure payroll information in the database is updated based on information received from WVK P&C and the other WV entities.
- Maintain and update Payroll Master in accordance with the payroll changes.
- Prepare Submit timely and accurate payroll reports for review before payment of any salaries (Input-15th, Review 21st-22nd, Approval 22nd and release on 23rd)
· Ensure timely payment of Salaries and benefits WVK and WV entities staff in liaison with P & C. Staff salaries should be released by 26th day of every month.**
· Prepare all terminal dues for staff and ensure accuracy in recoveries thereof including SACCO, advances and taxes etc.
· Facilitate timely payment of exiting staff finals dues.
- Process Repatriation allowances for expatriates and international staff
- Address payroll related queries, requests and discrepancies
Taxes and Statutory Deductions Payment 30%
· Prepare the annual tax returns by the 28th of every February for both PAYE and Withholding taxes in collaboration with the appointed tax consultant
· Ensure that the P9A forms are ready for disbursement for staff annual tax returns
· Prepare and pay monthly PAYE by the 9th of the following month for WVK, WVS, WVEARO
· Ensure timely preparation and submission of statutory payments (NHIF, NSSF-8th, PAYE- 8th, HELB-15th)**
· Ensure timely remittance of employee contrition’s to Pension Schemes and any other schemes **
· Support that the P9A forms for all staff are sent to all staff ready for their annual tax returns
· Process statutory deductions – Withholding tax and Withholding VAT on supplier payments and upload them in ITAX.
· Remit Withholding tax and Withholding VAT to KRA within the stipulated timelines.
Payroll Accounting and Reporting 25%
· Ensure all payroll transactions are accurately posted in the Sun System on a monthly basis by 30th of every month.
· Prepare schedules of all accounts 230 and ensure they are up to date
· Prepare payroll related invoices to relevant entities
· Prepare payroll related accounting schedules
· Ensure that reconciliation of salaries and Benefits in the Sun System and payroll is done by 30th of the following month.
· Submit report generated from the system to the vendors including, Jubilee Insurance company, KIMISITU SACCO, HELB, CBA Bank etc.
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Management or equivalent.
· Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
· Accounting Qualification; CPA (K)
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Result oriented and a team player.
· Highly motivated, self-driven, keen on details and willingness to learn.
· Must be a committed Christian with unquestionable integrity.
· The holder of this position must be results orientated and focused individual who is able to work under minimum supervision.
- Conversant with accounting packages.
· Sun Systems Knowledge is an added advantage
· Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK.
How to Apply