Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Looking for a JOB? See the latest Jobs and Vacancies in Kenya HERE>>>
Position: Research Officer
Reference Number: RO-HERU -51020
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Research Health Economics
Job Grade: 7.01
The research officer will be responsible for 1) Supporting a body of work focused on examining healthcare priority setting in Kenya the broader East African region, 2) Support institutionalization of health technology assessment in Kenya and the East African region, 3) Conduct health technology assessments in collaboration with government
The primary responsibility will be to coordinate and support a body of work focused on the costing and economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
For the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) to:
- Develop research proposals for ethics and scientific review
- Lead the implementation of studies once ethics review has been obtained
- Lead the analysis and write-up of study findings
- Support HERU policy engagement initiatives
- Develop grant applications for funding
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or a health-related subject
- A masters in health Economics
- Experience and skills in health technology assessments (including skills in costing, and cost-effectiveness analysis of healthcare interventions including using modelling approaches such as decision tree and markov models, budget impact analysis, and evidence synthesis).
- Experience and skills in econometrics and its application to the economics of health systems such as equity and efficiency analysis
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills using R and Stata as a minimum
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
How to apply
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20TH OCTOBER 2020
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).