M-Pesa Foundation Academy
Career Opportunity: Accounts Associate – Payables
Established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometers outside Nairobi, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, coeducational and residential secondary school offering both the Kenyan National Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP).
The Academy is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) and the Middle Years Program (MYP).
Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning environment to develop future leaders.
The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just in academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts outdoor pursuits and community service.
Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school prides itself in moulding future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit a dynamic and visionary individual with exceptional skills in the following role.
Accounts Associate – Payables
General Purpose: Perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts and ledgers
- Maintain vendor/payable files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Support timely production of Management Accounts
- Assist with month end closing process
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Support monthly bank reconciliation process
- Provide assistance and support relating to the procurement process
- Any other duty assigned by the line manager from time to time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or a related degree CPA(K)
- At least 3 years’ experience dealing with accounts payable in a busy accounts office
- Experience working in a learning institution will be a distinct advantage
- Hands on experience working with a relevant accounting software/ERP.
- Those with sage X3 experience have added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Proper judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Professional integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for.
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
No hard copy applications will be accepted or received.
Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.