Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country. The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
General Ferry Attendant- Grade FU 5 – Post Ref:4000-32/36/39/40/45/2020-5 Post
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Assistant, the General Ferry Attendant will be responsible for
creating a healthy, safe and clean environment to achieve company objectives.
- Wash and sweep vessels cabins and toll collection booths;
- Scrub booths and ramps;
- Drain vessels and booths during rainy season;
- Whitewash ramps; and
- Raise flags on ferries and compound
- Minimum of Kenya Secondary School Certificate (KCSE) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- First Aid Course from St. John Ambulance or KIHBT or any other recognized institution;
- Health and Safety Certification or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- 1 year relevant working experience
How to Apply
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.