The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our researchers address important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Officer to work in the Urbanization and Wellbeing in Africa Unit within the Research Division.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and work with the project team in the development, review and translation of the project protocol, research tools and training manuals.
- Coordinate community mobilization and education of the community in relation to the research project.
- Supervise and coordinate field work and laboratory activities in the execution of the research project to ensure timely implementation of field operations.
- Monitor field work and ensure quality and timely data collection.
- Lead the development of fieldwork progress reports as per the laid down schedule.
- Coordinate all field logistical activities pertaining to the project including ethical reviews, research permits, meetings, transport etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Environmental Biotechnology, Environmental Microbiology, or other related fields;
- At least two years’ post-qualification experience in research including coordinating field work or research activities related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), environmental sample collection and analysis, Environmental Health, and software based data collection;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Experience working in slum communities will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by September 25, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children