- Kenya Livestock Producers Association (KLPA) is currently seeking for Agricultural field officers to assist in provision of extension services to DigiFarm’s smallholder farmers.
- The position holder will provide agricultural extension services to contracted farmers. S/he will live and work at the County level to raise awareness and uptake of DigiFarm’s interventions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise recruitment, onboarding and geotagging of farmers on to the Digifarm platform.
- Supervise and coordinate input distribution to the contracted farmers.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to farmers on crop production, pre- and post-harvest management.
- Manage the end to end farmer engagement season-to-season.
- Support and coordinate Digifarm programs with other Digifarm ecosystem partners.
- Prepare weekly, monthly or on-demand activity reports.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Required education: Degree or diploma in agricultural Education & Extension, general agriculture, horticulture, soil science, or an agricultural-related course from a recognized institution.
- Required relevant work experience: 1-2 years in implementation of agricultural projects offering direct support to farmers.
- Knowledgeable and well versed with specificities of crop production and able to conduct farmer trainings to improve their agricultural productivity.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Knowledge of local languages in any of the following counties: Migori, Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, West Pokot, Trans-Nzoia, Nakuru, Homabay, Machakos, Makueni, and Kajiado
- Willingness to travel and relocate to the rural areas as and when necessary.
- Community mobilization skills.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV with at least 2 professional referees. State salary expectations in the cover letter.
- All applications must be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received by CoB 7th July 2020.
- Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kenya Livestock Producers Association (KLPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality.