Reporting to: Head of Accounting & Reporting
We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and seasoned Senior Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring the company fully complies with Kenya Tax laws and procedures, effectively manage accounts payables and payroll accounting processes. The principle accounting assertions of completeness, existence, accuracy, valuation, ownership and presentation must be applied at all times and validated periodically at the agreed frequencies to ensure company tax obligation and supplier liabilities are correctly stated in the books of the company.
- Ensure that all sales have been taxed appropriately
- 100% balance sheet GL accounts (AP) reconciled by 15th and 25th for Tax accounts respectively
- Ensure that tax leakages are at minimum
- Ensuring both internal & external customers are updated matters tax
- Being available for consultation by both internal & external customers on matters tax. Implement process change to ensure all contracts are reviewed by Tax Team
- Avoid adverse audit findings by ensuring compliance with legislation, appropriate accounting standards and company policies and procedures;
- Analysis of supplier accounts and ensure discrepancies are sorted at the earliest time possible
- Assist with auditing activities (Internal and External) by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations
- Provide information to assist managers in making key strategic decisions
- Participate in the departmental goal setting processes
- Safeguard financial and other information by ensuring regular database backups
- Review and develop appropriate changes to business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month-end and year-end closing processes
- Manage the team outputs and the performance of individual team members
- Oversee the development of the team members to ensure that all stay abreast with new developments
- Ensure effective communication to all employees with regards to changes in regulations, legislation and best practice
- Stay abreast of best practice through self-development.
- Relevant degree in Accounting/Finance or any related field
- Professional certification, Certified Public Accountant CPA (K), ACCA or CIMA
- At least 5 years’ experience of which a minimum of 3 years must have been directly in Tax Management and Accounts payables, preferably in the Telecommunication industry
- Extensive experience in international tax, including double tax treaties, permanent establishments, withholding tax
- Ability to identify areas that affect the business and flag potential business impact
- Professional and Technical excellence in taxation
- Experience in overseeing responses to audits by revenue authorities.
- Great Leadership Skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Analytical thinking
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to work in a team
- Tolerance for stress
- Opinion drafting skills and ability to explain complex tax technical information in simple understandable terms
- Outstanding Presentation skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Efficient and results oriented
How To Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15th July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.