The Parliamentary Service Commission wishes to recruit energetic and results-oriented individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Hansard Reporter III
PSC Scale: PSC 8
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
(i) Ensuring timely and accurate transcription;
(ii) Undertaking independent verbatim reporting of parliamentary proceedings and those of relevant committees/functions within or outside Parliament;
(iii) Assisting in drafting duty schedules for Hansard Reporters;
(iv) Preparing transcripts for editing;
(v) Sorting, checking transcripts from junior officers and amending as necessary;
(vi) Assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross-checking of documents against references.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to the grade of Hansard Reporter III, candidates must be in possession of a Bachelor of Arts degree in Linguistics majoring in English and Kiswahili from a recognized university/institution or a Bachelors Degree in any of the Social Sciences plus at least a C+ in both English and Kiswahili in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or its equivalent qualification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE ONLY through the Parliamentary Service Commission website; www.parliarment.go.ke/vacancies so as to reach the undersigned on or before 24th July 2020.
NOTE: Applications through post office, email or hand delivery shall not be accepted.
The Parliamentary Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Application Guidelines
- Click on the ‘Register’ button on the ‘Open Vacancies’ to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive a one-time password (OTP) sent to your email or phone enabling you to proceed with the application.
- NOTE: The format for Telephone number on registration is give as (Format: 254 XXXXXXXXX) e.g. 254722123456. Do not include the ‘0’ or the plus (+) sign before 254. The system will not send OTP to your number if this is not followed.
- After registration click ‘Log In’. Enter your National ID and the Password created during registration.
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, you can proceed to ‘Apply’ for the desired post.
- Applicants can access their Profile to Update, View the Application Status amongst others.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Apply for the Vacancy’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Final Declaration’.
In case of any challenges, please send your queries to email@example.com
J.M. Nyegenye, CBS
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary
Parliament Service Commission