Background: The Evaluation of HIV Testing and Care in African Emergency Care for the Injured Study will be a prospective cohort design completed at a single site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The research will study acutely injured patients to assess the current state of HIV services delivery during emergency care.
The research will enroll and follow approximately 600 subjects and gather data during hospital services and after discharge on HIV testing, linkage to HIV treatment and patient perception of HIV program delivery during Accident and Emergency department treatments.
The results will be used to inform future research and public health initiatives that will be designed to increase HIV testing and treatment among populations commonly missed by conventional HIV programming and which often only interface with health systems via Accident and Emergency departments.
Job Title: Study Coordinator
Job Purpose: To coordinate study activities for a prospective cohort study evaluating HIV services to patients seeking emergency care at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating study work
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigator (PI) and collaborators
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study
- Training of staff involved in research on study methodologies
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board and governmental approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subject protection
- Development of material for studies including standard operating procedures, consent forms, case report forms, recruitment materials etc
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites
- Review participant recruitment for study participation
- Assist with data collection procedures as needed
- Participate in database development and management
- Assist the study data manager in quality assurance and control of raw data
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Bachelors degrees
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a similar role preferably in a health sector or any other related field
- Specific experience with emergency care research desirable
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Familiarity with smartphone technology for data collection, including REDCAp™
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish research activities
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key and priority populations and international partners.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious
- Responsive to multiple communication modalities with international team members
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
- Experience working with key and priority populations
- Performance evaluation will be carried out quarterly
- Performance evaluation will be based on verifiable data and information
Performance evaluation will be done against the following key performance indicators:
- Performance against responsibilities and duties as per job description
- Demonstrable professional growth
- Continued competence in line with set standards
- Performance against annual objectives in line with the balanced scorecard
- Full-time position at 40 hours per week with variable hours based on study needs
- Position length is 7 months, provided good performance
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
CLICK HERE to complite our online application form and then email your current CV, copies of certificates and testimonials to AESTUDY20@gmail.com not later than June 17, 2020
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AE Study.
N/B Applications without the above-mentioned qualifications or required certificates will NOT be considered.