ADVERTISEMENT OF POSITIONS IN THE GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY FOR LONG TERM DEVELOPMENT (GOLD) IN THE ARTISANAL SMALL SCALE GOLD MINING (ASGM) PROJECT
POSITION OF REGIONAL PROJECT OFFICER – TWO (2) POSTS
The Regional Project Officer will coordinate the day-to-day implementation of project activities; and follow-up at the respective projects site level.
Project officers will be responsible for liaison with local government entities (county level) and project beneficiaries in the project priority sites where they are stationed, on all aspects related to the project.
Term of Engagement: The position shall be on an initial twelve (12) months contract with possibility for extension.
Reporting to the Project Manager and liaising closely with the International Chief Technical Advisor (ICTA), the Regional Project officer will:-
- Liaise with county and local government staff on formalization, access to finance, mining licenses, subsurface rights, etc
- Support the organization of the county and district level inception
- Support the organization of the regional Project Advisory
- Support the organization of training
- Support the implementation of the awareness raising campaign
- Provide day to day support of mining groups in the formalization efforts, gaining access to financing and supporting establishment of mercury-free processing
- Support the monitoring of project results
The applicant must possess the following:-
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution; in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Mining, Geology, Chemical Engineering or Chemical/ Biological Sciences; or in any other related field;
- Degree field from a recognized institution; in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Mining, Geology, Chemical Engineering or Chemical/ Biological Sciences or in any other related field.
- Specialized training in toxic chemicals; and waste; and
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects
The applicant should in addition have the following:-
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in the implementation; co- ordination/supervision, monitoring and evaluation; of environmental projects;
- Three (3) of which (years) must have been in the implementation of projects related to toxic chemicals;
- Proven experience in the implementation; co-ordination/supervision, monitoring and evaluation; of projects related to mercury; and ASGM; in particular;
- Proven experience in working with government ministries, national or county institutions that are concerned with natural resource and/ or environmental management.
The Applicant should demonstrate possession of:-
- Good computer application skills in common word processing (Ms Word), Spread Sheet ( Ms Excel) and internet search;
- Good drafting, presentation and report-writing skills;
- Good networking , interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge about the political and socio-economical context related to ASGM at the international, national and sub-national levels; and
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili
Applicants should also have a demonstrated ability in the following:-
- To work with a wide range of stakeholders across various sectors; at all levels;
- Supervision and coordination of the implementation of large Multi- stakeholder projects;
- Supervision and coordination of technical and administrative teams;
- Be conversant with government development priorities, policies, Financial and Accounting Regulations and Procedures.
How to Apply
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- Download the specific job requirements for the positions from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry Website page environmment.go.ke, read this carefully as it lists the skills, knowledge and qualifications required.
- Fill in each section of the Bio – Data Form clearly in typed, block
- The Bio-Data Form must be accompanied with an Application Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates, National Identify Card, and
- All applications should be addressed to, The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, O. Box 30126, 00100 NAIROBI.
- In Submitting the applications, Applicants can;
- Email their applications, in Ms Word or PDF; to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position Title as the subject; or
- Drop a hard copy; in sealed envelope at the Ministry’s (Main) Registry on 13th Floor, NHIF Building, or Post a hard copy;
- With the position title clearly indicated at the left hand corner of the envelope.
- The closing date for all applications is 8th June, 2020 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered
- The Ministry of Environment and Forestry is an Equal Opportunity employer: Women, Minorities, Marginalized and Persons Living with Disability (PWD) are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing will lead to Automatic disqualification