Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
PRINCIPAL OFFICER ADMINISTRATION – ONE (1) POST – (PSC 5) – V/NO. 141/2020
Terms of Service: Secondment for three (3) years
Medical: As per the current medical insurance cover
Leave entitlement: 30 days per leave year
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have
- served for at least three (3) years as an Assistant Secretary I CSG 8 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science or its equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- attended Administrative Officers’ Induction course lasting not less than four(4) weeks in a recognized institution;
- passed Administrative Officers’ Examination;
- a Diploma in Public Administration or Advanced Public Administration Certificate;
- attended a senior management course in a recognized institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
An officer at this level will deputize the Assistant Director (Administration) in the coordination of Commission administrative and logistics functions. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- managing transport services;
- coordinating disaster management programs, organizing emergency response activities and security of buildings;
- following up issues raised in security committee meetings and situation reports.
- undertaking inventory of office accommodation, furniture and equipment;
- coordinating training needs assessment for drivers and support staff;
- setting performance targets and appraising in transport and general office services;
- handling of public and staff complaints;
- preparing annual budgets and work plans for repair and maintenance of vehicles, building maintenance, utilities and other shared services;
- preparing monthly and quarterly reports on expenditures for vehicles and general office services; and
- preparing departmental briefs, reports and concept papers.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified Officers currently serving in the Public Service for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified officers are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website
http://www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Section 100(4) of the Public Service Commission Act provides that a person who gives false or misleading information to the Commission is, on conviction, liable to a fine not exceeding Ksh. two hundred thousand or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 19th June 2020