Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the following temporary position:
FIDA/KM/06/2020: PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT (TEMPORARY SIX MONTHS CONTRACT).
Job Summary: PR Assistant will support the Knowledge Management team in the execution of the communication strategy, managing social media channels, creating, and disseminating content to enhance organization visibility, and drive the women’s rights advocacy agenda.
- Daily monitoring of media coverage on women’s rights issues and timely response to arising matters.
- Assist in the maintenance of social media plan to ensure coordinated execution of social media activity.
- Assist in the maintenance of social media profiles by ensuring timely, quality, and relevant content on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms available to the organization.
- Analyse and highlight traffic and interaction on social media.
- Ensure periodic updating of the relevant content on the website.
- Draft blog posts highlighting the work FIDA-Kenya is engaging in.
- Follow up on the staff write-ups for blog posts and articles for the website.
- Draft organizational and departmental publications including reports, and periodic newsletters.
- Maintenance of IEC material registers and ensure that all material is stocked and updated.
- Facilitate timely inter-department/ inter-office dissemination of FIDA publications.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Communication, Public Relations, or Media studies.
- Expertise in graphic design is highly desirable.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a corporate organization, NGO, or government agency.
- Experience in PR writing, digital branding, social media management.
- Mastery of English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Mastery of computer usage, web navigation, and social media functionality is imperative.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send application (CV and cover letter only) to The Executive Director, FIDA-Kenya, E-mail: email@example.com by Thursday, 25th June 2020. The application MUST include contacts of three referees one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not require any payment at anystage of the recruitment process.