Opening Date: May 29,2020
Closing Date: June 19, 2020
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the Washington University in St. Louis (Wash U) is currently conducting research projects that include the ADAPT-I (Adaptive Strategy for Preventing and Treating Lapses of Retention in Adult HIV Care (ADAPT-R) Study and ADAPT-R-II. The ADAPT studies utilise the novel sequential multiple assignment randomized trial (SMART) approach to assess the effectiveness and cost efficiency of a family of sequential strategies to prevent initial lapses in HIV retention and to treat those that occur.
We have the below vacancies in the ADAPT-R-II study.
OFFICE ASSISTANT (1 Position) KMR/ 12
Vacancy No. FN-014-05-2020
Reports to: Study Administrator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Overall job description
Provides efficient cleaning and messenger services focusing on achievement of great results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, courier and other institutions like Kenya Power, KIWASCO.
- Ensure the office surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, curtains, kitchen, utensils, corridors, toilets and training venues are kept clean at all times
- Cleaning office toilets and ensuring availability of toilet the rolls, soaps, washing liquid and hand towels when required.
- Opening and closing of the office premises on time, and ensuring that all the office doors are securely locked when not in use closed.
- Remain flexible and work additional hours when required
- Provide efficient organization and cleaning services
- Paying attention and ensuring hygienic standards of sanitary facilities at all times.
- Maintaining the office garden, cutting grass short and trimming flowers.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the entrance and office environment.
- Report on the stock status of the toilet rolls, and detergents.
- Maintaining the organization of paper, documents and clean desks and offices
- Photocopy and duplicating services
- Ensuring that tea, water and refreshment are served and provided to the study staff as requested.
- Supporting office hospitality during trainings and meetings.
- Perform work related errands as requested.
- Minimum O-Level; with short training in any course,
- Computer training as an added advantage
- At least one year of work experience preferably with a busy office environment.
Other Required Skills
- Understanding of the study site operations, procedures and requirements
- Efficiency in the delivery of all the listed services’
- Focuses on results for the site and responds positively to feed back.
- Flexible and highly organized.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a constructive positive attitude
- He/ She demonstrates client oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
How To Apply
Applications to be done through the email email@example.com – (Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email) .
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.