Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Friday June 5, 2020 – Health Cabinet Secretary, Mutahi Kagwe, has issued a stern warning to those Covid19 patients who are escaping from quarantine facilities.
Speaking on Thursday, Kagwe said that his Ministry fears the trend could derail the Government’s efforts towards combating the spread of Covid19, which has so far infected 2,340 people in Kenya and killed 78.
Kagwe warned Kenyans that the Ministry may be forced to expose those who flee quarantine facilities by publishing their photos and names in local dailies to alert members of the public on the risk they are exposed to.
“When we get to a point where we know some people are running away there is nothing to stop the Ministry of Health from publishing photographs in the newspapers and saying that these people have run away from a quarantine facility and if you see them call the police or us because they are a danger to society,” Kagwe said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, six people who had tested positive for Covid-19 escaped from a facility in Turkana but the Ministry managed to trace them.
The Kenyan DAILY POST