Uraia Trust is a leading national organization whose mission is to provide quality civic education and engagement to empower Kenyans to exercise their civic duty in order to realize their constitutional aspirations.
Uraia Trust is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Programme officer.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Institutional Transformation Manager and in close coordination with the Head of Programmes.
The jobholder is responsible for execution of programme activities to enhance the efficient delivery of Uraia’s civic education and engagement activities in line with its mission.
key part of this role involves supporting the facilitation of efficient research and documentation, learning, monitoring and evaluation of Uraia’s programmes.
- The jobholder is responsible for execution of programme activities to enhance the efficient delivery of Uraia’s civic education and engagement activities in line with its mission. A key part of this role involves supporting the facilitation of efficient research and documentation, learning, monitoring and evaluation of Uraia’s programmes.
- Improve and implement the monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with Uraia Senior Management Team and provide support in day to day management of the Uraia monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Support and/ or participate in research necessary to ensure the undertaking of evidence led interventions by Uraia.
- Ensure the innovative and effective use of information technology in support of Uraia’s monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide support in development of work plans, programming and budget review for programme activities.
- Undertake the learning, monitoring and evaluation activities of Uraia in liaison with the Institutional Transformation Manager.
- Provide support in implementation of capacity building initiatives of Uraia’s programmes.
- Manage all monitoring data and information, and facilitate analysis of the same for use in programming.
- Support the management of Uraia implementing partners to ensure uptake of result-based management approaches.
- Facilitate the documentation of learnings /Stories of Change.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Institutional Transformation Manager.
Focus areas of responsibility -% of time spent
- Planning, Research, learning, monitoring and evaluation activities – 70%
- Reporting – 20%
- Administration – 10%
Academic and professional qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social or Development Studies
- Additional training and qualifications in undertaking MERL of development programmes will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programme implementation with a specific focus in monitoring, evaluation, research and learning is essential.
- Demonstrated work experience in democracy and governance sector will be desirable.
- Planning and coordination skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Quality orientation abilities
Core technical skills required for the role
- Programme and project implementation
Monitoring, evaluation, research and learning
Management of project budgets
- The engagement for this position will be for an initial contract of two years that is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV including expected salary, contact details and quoting reference number and quoting reference number UT/2020/06/02 with the subject being Application for M & E Officer by 18th June 2020 addressed to:The Human Resources Unit
Uraia Hse, Jacaranda Ave. off Gitanga Rd
P O Box 28151- 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the anticipated large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by email address provided above only.
In addition, canvassing by interested applicants is not encouraged and therefore any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.