Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NRC Global Recruitment Centre in Nairobi
Vacant Positions: Recruitment Advisers, Specialists and Coordinators
Webcruiter ID: 4246067637
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place for people displaced by war and conflict?
Are you an expert in identifying talents, delivering excellent customer service, and improving the hiring process?
Norwegian Refugee Council welcomes your interest in one of its most exciting employment opportunities!
We are now looking for talented professionals who will join the exciting adventure of building the best place to work with us at our newly established NRC Global Recruitment Centre as: Recruitment Advisers, Specialists and Coordinators (multiple positions).
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has the ambition to launch its first Global Recruitment Centre in October 2020 in Nairobi.
By establishing the Centre, NRC aims at driving efficiency and quality of recruitment in support of all its offices and operations in more than 30 countries.
The NRC Global Recruitment Centre will cover a large functional scope comprising of five main areas: Attract, Search, Recruit, Vet and Contract.
It will be led by the Head of the Centre and consist of a team of expert recruiters and HR coordinators.
As a part of the Global Recruitment Centre, Recruitment Specialists, Advisers and Coordinators will be responsible for delivering exceptional recruitment service to hiring managers and candidates to ultimately ensure a smooth and efficient end-to-end recruitment process. The team will play a key role in shaping NRC’s future organisation by consistently identifying and attracting the right people to the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities (Level of responsibilities will vary depending on the seniority of the position and the experience of the incumbent)
- Execute end-to-end recruitment process consisting of designing recruitment plans, developing job ads, selecting advertising channels, managing the applications, conducting interviews, assessing candidates, and performing adequate background checks
- Maintain strong working relationship with hiring managers, HR staff and candidates in meeting ongoing recruitment needs and in exploring talent sourcing channels
- Provide solutions, including assessment recommendation and structured interviews expertise to support objective candidate feedback
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage interviews across multiple time zones, making sure candidates and interviewers are in the right place at the right time with the information they need
- Thoroughly assess and screen candidates to ensure suitability for the role
- Build an effective talent pool and maintain active relationship with pipelines of talent for current and future opportunities
- Liaise with candidates ensuring they are kept in the loop, receive timely information and are treated with the utmost care throughout their process
- Improve the recruitment process continuously for achieving the highest recruiting efficiency while ensuring the relevant recruitment policies and procedures are compliant with NRC’s standard and the respective employment laws and regulations
- Support in implementation of the NRC Global Recruitment Centre strategy, tools and systems
- Adhere to NRC policies, procedures, tools, minimum standards, personal data protection rules and regulations
- Contribute to the strategic development of innovative approaches and mechanisms to attract new talent and promote NRC’s employer brand
- Contribute to workforce planning processes to anticipate current and future skills needed
- Adhere to service level metrics to enable operational excellence; be able to identify risks and raise appropriate
- Maintain knowledge of the constantly changing environment of the marketplace relative to the sourcing and recruitment of qualified humanitarian professionals
- Mentor other members of the team and contribute to the building of a strong supportive culture
- You must have relevant experience in global recruitment and proven ability to manage all aspects of recruitment process.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards – with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively.
- Ability and confidence to communicate appropriately with people of all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of the importance of a strong employer brand in recruitment.
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous Shared Service experience is an important asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Other desirable linguistic skills: French, Arabic, Spanish.
To be successful in this role, you need to be service-minded with strong multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
You have a positive attitude with an understanding that priorities might change and flexibility is key to deliver in a dynamic work situation.
You are interested in the humanitarian sector and want to contribute to the work of the organisation.
A good sense of humour would be an asset!
We can offer
- 1-year renewable contract and the duty station is in Nairobi
- Position on Grade from 7 to 9 depending on the candidate’s experience (Please see NRC Grade Structure)
- Challenging, meaningful and varied work!
- A strongly committed, international team in a well-known humanitarian knowledge organisation
- Salary/benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on candidates.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values.
To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
Additional Information: Priority will be given to internal candidates and Kenyan citizens.
CLICK HERE to apply onine
Application deadline: 21/06/2020