Job Title: Group Chief Financial Officer
Salary: 500K – 700K
Our client is a group of companies with interests in logistics and real estate.
They seek to hire a seasoned, efficient and results oriented Group Chief Financial Officer to provide overall direction for the financial operations of the group, create and implement corporate financial policies, procedures, and structures within the boundaries established by GAAP and the Board of Directors.
- Preparation of annual financial plan with key objectives for all cost centers of the group.
- Oversee the coordination, control and management of process around the short-term and medium term plans as well as in-year forecasts.
- Assume full responsibility for the target setting process within the Group including presenting the final budget and annual/five-year plan to key management within the business.
- Compile, measure and report financial and business results for individual businesses in the Group (monthly, quarterly, half yearly) by focusing on the key business drivers of results for inclusion in the financial results as reported.
- Ensure financial plans are aligned to strategic objectives and focused.
- Evaluate performance within each Business and recommend improvement based on informed executive decision-making.
- Ensure development and maintenance of a performance management framework and metric against which performance can be measured, this framework/metric must align to the group’s strategic objectives and strategies.
- Ensure appropriate technology is in place to facilitate the planning process across the Group.
- Provide analysis of financial performance of business areas on a monthly basis that will reveal relevant business intelligence to executive management for informed decision making.
- Play a key leading role in the development of a single source for financial management information that is relevant at a Group, business level
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Finance’s profile, by enhancing reports, and assisting in the implementation of future reporting and forecasting models for the Group
- Arrange and review external financing and ensure reports are forwarded as specified in the agreements. Management of internal finances by regular cash-flow, projections, business plans, petty cash reimbursements, control of debt collection, creditor’s payment as well as tax forecasting and payment.
- Coordinate with external auditors for completion of statutory audits at the end of each fiscal year and submit the necessary legal returns and ensure any follow-up and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date accounting reports are produced as per policy.
- Ensure efficient and effective financial management and controls within the group by personal spot checks, regular review of all internal controls and systems and ensuring they are updated, upgraded and implemented.
- Ensure proper review of all insurance policies and premiums. Ensure compliance with the laws pertaining to licenses within Kenya and the safe custody of the original documents thereof.
- Ensure proper compilation and maintenance of an accurate assets register for the group. Ensure all assets are recorded on procurement, correctly depreciated and properly disposed as and when necessary.
- Participation in the recruitment of the right caliber of personnel to efficiently operate the finance department and ensure proper supervision, effective motivation, proper discipline and continuous training.
- Assist the CEO and/or Director in any other duties relating to the group that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accountant Qualification in ACCA/ACA/ CPA-K
- At least 10 years of senior level experience 4 of which should preferably be at a Group level
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their proper application to various industries and general business transactions.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders in an effort to provide the group with the most effective and least costly services.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage subordinate executives and managers in various roles and responsibilities.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have sharp business acumen with a firm understanding of critical success factors for operating a profitable, growing and highly complex business setup
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Group CFO) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, 22nd June 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.