Deputy Director Finance & Accounts Officer
GRADE BRS 3 ONE (1) POST
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director, Corporate Services for efficient management and administration of the Division.
The Deputy Director, Finance & Accounts Officers’ duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- coordinating preparation of budget at the Service;
- approving quality of ongoing and completed programs;
- monitoring and reviewing financial and physical implementation of projects and programs;
- planning, designing, reviewing, coordinating, controlling and implementing financial and accounting systems;
- interpreting of financial and accounting policies, budgetary controls and management of financial and accounting methods;
- overseeing preparation of financial management reports including imprest and expenditure returns;
- ensuring application of sound accounting principles and controls at the Service;
- coordinating financial resource allocations in line with the Service’s policies;
- authorizing payments and signing cheques subject to the set limit;
- managing financial and accounting information, which includes coordination and rationalization of estimates, annual appropriation and fund accounts, cash flow control and cost analysis;
- overseeing commitment of funds;
- certifying returns and documents;
- monitoring collection of revenue;
- performance management; and
- training and development of staff.
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Director Finance and Accounts Officer if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Senior Finance Officer or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Finance option), Economics, Business Administration (Finance option), Business Management (Finance option), Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is a Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA K) or its recognized equivalent;
- Must be a member ,in good standing, of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA K) or recognized equivalent;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates financial professional competence;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant posts in the Business Registration Service:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form and the detailed job requirements, duties and responsibilities for each position should be downloaded from either of the following websites; www.brs.go.ke, www.publicservice.go.ke or www.amsol.co.ke
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2020.