Background: The Evaluation of HIV Testing and Care in African Emergency Care for the Injured Study will be a prospective cohort design completed at a single site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The research will study acutely injured patients to assess the current state of HIV services delivery during emergency care.
The research will enroll and follow approximately 600 subjects and gather data during hospital services and after discharge on HIV testing, linkage to HIV treatment and patient perception of HIV program delivery during Accident and Emergency department treatments.
The results will be used to inform future research and public health initiatives that will be designed to increase HIV testing and treatment among populations commonly missed by conventional HIV programming and which often only interface with health systems via Accident and Emergency departments.
Job Title: Data Manager
Job Purpose: The data manager will be responsible for the design of data collection and management systems, supervision of study data collection operations, and routine data cleaning, quality control and analysis.
They will report to the Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator.
They must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
This work will be for a prospective cohort study evaluating HIV services delivery to patients seeking emergency care at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Database development, management and maintenance
- Tabulating program data to generate weekly and quarterly reports for the study
- Ensure source documents are safeguarded and that optimal data quality is maintained
- Maintain a clean log frame of data queries and how they have been resolved
- Monitoring and evaluation of study data activities
- Oversight of data collection modalities, including mobile technology
- Data cleaning and validation
- Bachelor of Science or more advanced degree in biostatistics or related field
- Experience with smart phone data collection and programs including REDCAP™ and Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Proficiency in Stata analytical software
- Prior research experience
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
- English language fluency
- Experience with R statistical software
- Skills in graphic design
Please note that the appointment is a six months 6 months at approximately 40 hours per week with variable work hours
CLICK HERE to complite our online application form and then email your current CV, copies of certificates and testimonials to AESTUDY20@gmail.com not later than June 17, 2020
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AE Study.
N/B Applications without the above-mentioned qualifications or required certificates will NOT be considered.