The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Data Entry and Analysis Consultant.
The Position: The Demand-Driven Sweetpotato Breeding Project (DS breeding project), implemented by the Internatinal Potato Center and its partners, conducted qualitative study involving sweetpotato farmers.
Data were collected to facilitate understanding the traits farmers value in sweetpotato, how those traits are prioritized and of the reasons behind the selection of priority traits.
Data were collected from both men and women producers using laddering technique and involving some 40 farmers.
The purpose of this work is to enter the data collected in an appropiate software, analyze them and presents the outputs/results in the desired format.
- Conduct content analysis of laddering interviews to identify attributes, consequences and values
- Generate laddering codes from the interviews
- Enter qualitative data from 40 interviews into appropriate software, e.g., MecAnalyts or LadderUX
- Carry out analysis of the data and present the results in well formatted form
- Revise the laddering codes and results based on comments from the research coordinator
- Provide soft data
- At least a BSc degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, agribusiness, Agricultural Education & Extension; Project Planning and Management or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of laddering data interpretation, entry and analysis in qualitative software.
- Demonstrated experience in using MECAnalyst or LadderUX software.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with and analyzing laddering data.
- Demonstrated ability to effective present and communicate research results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under tight and strict deadlines and produce quality outputs.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Advanced knowledge of database work
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Advanced oral communication and technical writing skills in English.
What are the conditions?
This is a national consultancy position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only.
The consultancy will be for a period of 3 months.
How to apply
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references.
Screening of applications will begin on June 16, 2020 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org**
CIP is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.