JOB GRADE BRS 3, ONE (1) POST
This is the highest grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be administratively responsible to the Director General for day to day operations and directly to the Board.
The Corporation Secretary’s duties will entail:-
- Providing guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance, ensure the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers and minutes;
- custodian of the seal of the Organization and account to the Board for its use;
- Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interest;
- ensure that Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization;
- facilitate effective communication between the organization and the stakeholders;
- ensure that Board and Committee papers are circulated in advance of any meeting;
- co-ordinate and conduct legal research for the Board;
- provide Legal advice to the Board; and
- co-ordinate and promote corporate brand and image of the Board; and
- liaise with the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice on Legal matters.
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Corporation Secretary if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Corporation Secretary or Senior Legal Officer or any similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member ,in good standing, the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPS K);
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant posts in the Business Registration Service:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form and the detailed job requirements, duties and responsibilities for each position should be downloaded from either of the following websites; www.brs.go.ke, www.publicservice.go.ke or www.amsol.co.ke
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2020.