Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates as advertised on the daily newspaper dated 26th May 2020 and the details of the advert are available for download as follows.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT I BUC SCALE 10
- Performing a variety of Financial Accounting work under appropriate guidance of a Senior Officer;
- Other duties will entail;
- Preparation of budgets; Ensuring that all receipts and payments are properly recorded;
- Ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded in accordance with University regulations and policies;
- Supervising a small section and preparing monthly reports; and Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Passed CPA III; 6 years relevant working experience
- Served in grade of Assistant Accountant II for at least 3 years;
- Knowledge in Financial Management Information Systems; Certificate of relevant computer packages from a recognized institution; and
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
Terms of Service: All Administrative Positions listed above are on Permanent and Pensionable terms.
General Requirements For The Positions
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 15th June, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applicants are advised to send their application through courier. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Bomet University College,
P.O Box 701-20400,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.