Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates as advertised on the daily newspaper dated 26th May 2020 and the details of the advert are available for download as follows.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT BUC SCALE 10
Work under the guidance of a senior officer in Academic or Administrative division to be exposed to broad administrative dynamics to:
- Supervising staff under them;
- Processing data for administrative/academic planning; Facilitate information processing and dissemination;
- Assisting in communication with staff / students and other stakeholders; Ensure effective administrative/academic records management;
- Taking minutes in various University committees; Coordinating general office services; and
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree relevant in administration and/or management from a recognized institution;
- Served for at least six (6) years in relevant administrative position in a comparable institution; and
- Registered or registerable with a relevant Professional body; Computer skills in relevant areas from recognized institution; Demonstrated outstanding administrative ability in managing staff under them;
- Postgraduate, CPS II and/or any other relevant; Management qualification will be an added advantage.
Terms of Service: All Administrative Positions listed above are on Permanent and Pensionable terms.
General Requirements For The Positions
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 15th June, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applicants are advised to send their application through courier. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Bomet University College,
P.O Box 701-20400,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.