Download our blog’s APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (PSC SCALE 4) – ONE (1) POST; V/No. 144/2020
Terms of Service: Secondment for Three (3) Years
Medical: As per the current policy
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per leave year
Requirements for Appointment
- Satisfactorily served as Accountant II, CSG 10 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination;
- a Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be required to deal with accounting operations in the Accounts Unit. Work at this level will be subjected to occasional checks rather than close supervision. Specifically, work will involve:
- Verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
- Data capture;
- Maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers;
- Preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns etc;
- Safe custody of Government records and assets under him/her,
- Analysis of the below the line accounts;
- If deployed as a cashier, duties will entail receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers; writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books; balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
- ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
- paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified Officers currently serving in the Public Service for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified officers are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website
http://www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Section 100(4) of the Public Service Commission Act provides that a person who gives false or misleading information to the Commission is, on conviction, liable to a fine not exceeding Ksh. two hundred thousand or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 19th June 2020