Job Title: Chief Accountant
Role Purpose: The purpose of the role is to perform professional accounting work including preparing budgets, year-end financial reports and schedules; controlling expenditure, design & implementation of Internal control structures and Information Systems Audit towards business growth & profitability.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities;
- To provide accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
- To ensure that the Directors are appraised of key financial issues that need to be discussed to enable them to fully understand the financial position of the company.
- Ensures that all salaries, advances and other staff payments are made on time. Ensures that all payments for utilities, licenses and the like are made on time.
- Responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts and VAT submissions.
- Works with the finance team to develop finance policies and procedures and ensure that these are being consistently followed – including customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control, and ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers.
- Generate monthly management accounts highlighting performance versus budget, explaining variances, recommending solutions and implementing relevant control measure to keep the company on track towards its annual target and strategic plan.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are done and any variances ironed out, suppliers paid on time, customers pay on time etc.
- To manage the annual & internal audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines, and ensure that audit management letter recommendations are addressed and implemented 30 days from audit closure.
- Manage debt collection effectively.
- Assess and report on the overall business risk, keep a business risk register and have controls in place to limit the risks, ensure business risks are insured at all times.
- Manage the finance department and manage performance and departmental development through coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure there is transactional completeness on a daily basis on the ERP system, checking for accuracy and timely postings.
- Ensure that the production ERP is capturing the correct figures in terms of pricing/costs movements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, ACMA, CPA (K))
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior accounting position with a Commercial organization.
- Experience in preparing financial reports for management.
- Experience in providing statistical/financial information to heads of departments – to enable them make timely and well-informed decisions.
- Experience in working with External Auditors.
- Experience in budget preparations and reporting on variances.
- Experience in maintaining books using ERP systems.
- Have analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and make recommendations to management on business issues.
- Have good written and verbal communications skills
- The candidate should be aged between 30 – 40 years
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com on or before 10th June, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted