Orion Nebula Ltd
Job Title: Accountant
Terms of Reference
- Analyzing data and making financial decision;
- Making cash flow forecasts – weekly and monthly;
- Reviewing and conducting monthly of bank reconciliations;
- Petty cash management and reconciliation;
- Approving requisitions from the field;
- Stock taking and reconciliation of materials;
- Ensuring accurate labelling and filing both hard and soft copy files;
- Preparation of monthly payroll and remmittance of statutory deductions – NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, VAT, WHT, Corporate tax;
- Preparation of monthly and quaterly reports – balance sheet ,cash flow, profit and loss accounts;
- Maintaining and approving the local purchase orders;
- Making daily Journal Entries on Quick books;
- Preparation of disbursement invoices; Approving of all invoices before payment;
- Drafting of all project accounts invoices tax and accurate submission of taxes – VAT , withholding tax, monthly returns and filling of returns to KRA;
- Tracking and monitoring of all payable/creditors and revenue transaction;
- Tracking and monitoring of all cash transactions – MPESA reconciliations (weekly), field cash transactions;
- Preparation of monthly budget including cash flows and forecasting;
- Preparation of accounts for audit;
- Reconciling and managing supplier/creditor statements;
- Supporting stock take reconciliation and stock reports;
- Conducting spot field visits as required
- Responding to KRA and audit-queries
- Any other related duties as provided by Executive Director
- Ensuring cost management and control measures and strong internal policy controls are adhered to by all.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting not mandatory
- Professional qualification in CPA (K)/ACCA – Mandatory but CPA 2 with extensive experince of over 5 years is acceptable
- Postgraduate qualifications in Accountancy or Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Management a plus.
- Exeperience workingwith advance excel and Quick Books
- High levels of integrity, strong management/interpersonal skills and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis
- Able to interpret and clearly explain complex financial data to non-finance staff.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail, analytical mind,negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June 2020 with heading ‘’ACCOUNTANT’’
NB: Please indicate you current salary expectation – also availability to start.