Terms of Service Permanent/Pensionable
Salary Scale Kshs.47,780 – Kshs.82,330 p.m. (CSG 8)
House Allowance Kshs.15,400 – Kshs.35,000 p.m. (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance Kshs.8,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance Kshs.6,000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover As provided by the Government
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Cartographer I, CSG 9 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines; – Philosophy in Technology (Geoinformatics/Geoinformatics and Information Technology), Technology in Geo-informatics, Technology in Geomatics, Geo-spatial Engineering, Land Surveying and Photogrammetry, Geomatics, Geomatics Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- affiliate/Associate membership of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK)
- certificate in Computer Applications; and
- demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability.
- supervising drawing of survey and deed plans, small and medium area registry index maps, small and medium area boundary schedules and preliminary index diagrams;
- checking topographical base maps and compiled map and gazette manuscripts;
- preparing the national gazetteer, planning and carrying out map design;
- revising base maps from aerial imageries; supervising data collection from geospatial data sources;
- repairing , maintaining and updating mapping records; and
- servicing and maintaining Cartographic equipment; and controlling map dissemination.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing One (1) PSC.2 Revised 2016 Application Form. The Forms can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission Website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed application form PSC.2A (Revised 2016) together with certified copies of certificates should reach the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning, P. O. Box 30450 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ardhi House, Registry, 11th Floor – Room 1106 on or before June 26, 2020.