TERMS OF SERVICE: Contract
BASIC SALARY: As per scale
Number of vacancies: Three (3)
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the job holder will be responsible for managing the warehousing and inventory of Health Products and Technologies (HPT’s) as per the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). They will also be expected to verify the submitted documentation against the existing records in order to ensure accuracy of the stored inventory of Health Products and Technologies (HPT’s).
- Support the day-to-day management of the Health Products and Technologies (HPT’s).
- Ensure timely receipt of quarantine inventory.
- Ensure that delivery notes, invoices, stock records and actual stock levels tally at all times and that cycle counts, monthly and quarterly physical stock checks are done, reconciled, and discrepancies investigated.
- Maintenance of high standards of housekeeping in the allocated area.
- Ensure that inventory is stored correctly in adherence to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Warehousing Practice (GWP) requirements and other best practices.
- Ensure that security procedures are followed to eliminate pilferage and theft of inventory.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly inventory reports for all products and materials under his/her care.
- Coordinate with shopkeepers to ensure inventory accuracy of 100% is achieved and maintained.
- Support the implementation of the departmental risk mitigation measures
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies management or relevant field.
- Computer literate, preferably in inventory management software
- Should have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a busy warehousing facility involving use of modern warehousing techniques or FMCG environment.
- Should be a team player
- Should have good communication skills.
- Must have a Police Clearance Certificate issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (SCI)
How to apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 (by attaching these documents to their applications):
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Those interested and who meet the above requirements are invited to apply for the job. The application, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials addressed as below should reach the Chief Executive Officer not later than 12th June 2020.
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street Industrial Area, P.O. Box 47715-0010
NAIROBI – Attn: Director HR & Administration
KEMSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER